First Base Coat!

20120428-123603.jpg

Cockpit base coat

So I’m back to working on Slave I. I applied another coat of putty to the main fuselage seam, and, after some additional wet-sanding, I’m fairly happy with the results. Next up, I’ll have to restore the panel lines I removed during all the sanding, and I’ll also need to put back some of the panel details I removed.

In the meantime, I managed to get the remaining kit parts primed, and even got my first base coat onto the cockpit! It’s been a few years since I’ve used my airbrush, so I’m a little rusty. I especially need to remember to keep the coats of paint thin as I went a little heavy in some areas. Overall, I think it turned out OK.