So my next step was to prep the front panel for the buttons that will control the servos. There are actually two sets of buttons – one on the lower portion of the front panel, and another on the top of the handle. To make controlling the servos easier, I decided to make the ones on the handle functional, while the ones on the panel will be purely aesthetic.
I paid a visit to my local hobby shop and picked up some 1/16″ x 3/16″ strip styrene, which should fit in the recesses for the buttons quite nicely. I used the strip styrene to perform a dry fit. A little bit of filing, and I was in good shape.
Since the top buttons won’t actually be doing anything, I made sure they fit a little tighter than the ones on the handle, which will need to be pressed in order to move the wings up and down.