Since I was happy with the condition of the emitter and grip sections, I decided to move onto painting them. After the primer dried, I used 1000 grit sandpaper to wet-sand the components. Once they had sufficient time to dry, it was time for the paint. Rodd.com’s instruction call for a gloss black paint. I prefer Krylon, but being I could not locate any in my area, I decided to try a new paint. I went with America’s Finest, which is a type of Rustoleum. The only difference I saw was that American’s Finest dries much faster than your standard Rustoleum (1 hr handling time as opposed to 12 hours for Rustoleum, if memory serves me correctly). The gloss black I used is #HD2879 830. I then gave the emitter and two grip sections three coats each.