I then went over the rest of the tricorder with some automotive spot putty to fill in any additional gaps. After drying, I repeated the sanding process up to 450 grit paper. The instructions then move on to assembling the scanner. Since I’ve already done this, I decided to take care of some minor body work on the scanner. The piece has a few tiny holes that I patched with Squadron’s green putty, which is specifically designed for smaller filling smaller holes. In addition, when I glued the two pieces of the scanner together, I used just a tad too much glue, and it ended up seeping out into the recess between the two halves. I used some of my micro-files and a sharp hobby knife to remove the excess glue. Next up will be sanding the little bugger.